Saturday, May 21, 2016

No one but you, Daddy

The day I saw the world, I was looking out for you, Daddy.

When you hold me in your arms, I feel so safe, Daddy.

Every time I heard anyone be loud or rude to me, I used to run to you, Daddy.

There were nightmares and I found it hard to sleep, I used to dig into your arms to feel safe, Daddy.

When I used to throw tantrums, I knew only you would bear with me, for those days, sorry, Daddy.

The day I left home to see the world right into its eye, I realized immediately, there is no one more caring but you, Daddy.

I tried to be strong and stand firm, but found myself hurt, tired and wear down, then I remembered you, Daddy.

You always knew what I would want and gave me everything on time, how did you manage that, Daddy?

You never wanted me to repeat your mistakes and you tried your best to instill your experience in me, however I did as per my whims and whenever I was in trouble, I called for you, Daddy.

Inspite of being angry on my mistakes you always came to my rescue, dear Daddy.

When I knew that no one will ever understand me, I knew who will, and it was you, Daddy.

I was a wanderer and explorer and wanted to fly, and who gave me wings? It was you, Daddy.

When I do anything in life and want someone to be proud of me, be it only one person who thinks I am right, it is only you, Daddy.


When I think of home, it is the home that you have given me, Daddy.